Now your MX-5 Mk1 or Mk2(2.5) can get rerouted and look even cooler at the same time! Our improved premium reroute kit with colourful silicone hose and black anodised blanking plate is just the thing for you.
The premium kit still lets you reroute the thermostat and cooling path thus protecting your engine, lets you run aftermarket coolant temperature sensor, delete the front coolant neck or delete your cabin heater if you wish. On top of all this, you get the high quality and long lasting silicone hose with the colour of your choosing. Compared to rubber, silicone hoses last longer, are better at heat resisting (over 160°C) and crack less.
Let us also recap the benefits of our reroute kit:
– Coolant will flow in the original path like it was designed for Mazda B6/BP engine in transverse application keeping both engine sides at similar temperature.
– Better cooling means less stress on components.
– All kits include an additional 1/8″ NPT thread.
– All parts are high quality, corrosion resistant and long lasting.
– Original sensor placement with properly working heater system and coolant bypass circuit allow for coolant flow while the engine is cold thus assuring a proper warming-up procedure.
– Installation takes just a few hours without the need to move or remove the engine
– If you wish to uninstall the reroute kit, keep the original parts and everything is fully reversible
Everything you need for the install is included. If you opt for neck delete option you get a core plug securing plate with a hose joiner for the intake (IACV) hoses.
Not familiar with coolant reroute? Visit coolant-reroute.com to learn more about its importance.
– The charcoal canister has to be moved (or removed) for installation of our kit
– If you have an EGR valve, it will have to be removed or you can instead modify the EGR pipe at the back of the engine.
– On MX-5 NA 1.6 (Mk1) we provide blaking plate or core plug with a thread to accommodate the fan switch. Please let us know if you don’t want it without thread (e.g. using a programmable ECU).
Fits all 1989-2005 cars (Mk1, Mk2 and Mk2.5).