Do you want to reroute the coolant to protect your engine? Check.
Run an aftermarket coolant temperature sensor? Check.
Delete the front neck for a neat engine bay? Check.
Remove the heater for a race car? Check.
No MX-5 owner has to compromise ever again. Welcome to SkidNation coolant reroute 2.0!
Here are some of its many benefits:
– Reroutes the coolant flow back to the original path as designed for Mazda B6/BP engine, which evens out temperature differences that exist between front and rear of the MX-5 engine.
– Improved cooling means the engine components are less stressed.
– Customize the kit to fit your MX-5 build – with us, you have the flexibility you need.
– All kits include an additional 1/8″ NPT thread.
– Excellent corrosion resistance and will easily outlive any car.
– Original sensor locations, working heater system and coolant bypass circuit keep the coolant flowing when cold and allow for a proper warm-up.
– Can be installed in a few hours – no need to remove or lift the engine.
– Fully reversible if you keep your original parts.
Includes all the parts you’ll need for a successfull and worry-free installation. You don’t need to order any additional parts. The front neck delete option includes a core plug securing plate with a hose joiner for the intake (IACV) hoses.
1.6 NA (Mk1) owners only: you will reuse your original thermostat housing, hence the kit is cheaper. If you want a brand new housing, you need to order our Kia housing separately. If you order the core plug option, you will get a plate for engine head with a thread to accommodate the fan switch. For all other engines (without fan switch) the Kia housing is included as the original cannot be used.
Not familiar with coolant reroute? Visit coolant-reroute.com to learn more about its importance.
Important! Please note:
– Installation requires you to move (or remove) the charcoal canister.
– In case you have an EGR system on your car, you will need to either delete it (kit available from us) or modify the EGR pipe at the back of the engine.
– Installing the core plug option requires removal of timing belt and cams.
– NA 1.8 with stock intake might have clearance issue – there is just not enough room becasue of the idle pipe coming from the intake. It is possible to fit, but we recommend to replace it with an aftermarket intake pipe.
– 1.6 NA (Mk1) engine with programmable ECU doesn’t need the front fan switch – please let us know in the order note.
Fits all 1989-2005 cars (Mk1, Mk2 and Mk2.5).